Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Off to a strong 2023 (long)

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Off to a strong 2023 (long)

Male, 45, 6'2-- SW 332/CW 263.3/GW 232 So the last month and a half of 2022 was a little crazy with Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the biggest thing was that, unfortunately, my Dad came down with the flu Thanksgiving weekend and passed away on November 30. So there was some grief drinking and eating involved. I felt really bad on the day I returned to work but decided to go to the gym that evening instead of doing the self-pity thing. It was amazing how much a simple weight-lifting session boosted my mood and how much that also carried over to the next day. Some slight concern is that I kind of fell off the rails after my Mom passed away 10 years ago with depression, eating, and drinking in the subsequent year and a half. Definitely wasn't exercising. I don't think that will happen this time as the circumstances with my dad's passing are a little different. He was 84 and it wasn't totally unexpected as his health had been in decline for a few years, but at an even more rapid rate starting in Spring 2022. My Mom, on the other hand, was diagnosed with lung cancer and I don't wish that battle on anyone and their family members.

In the fall, I set an end of the year goal at 265 and I hit that on December 17. Once I hit that I eased up a bit with the promise to course correct the first week of January. I think I only gained about 3 pounds during that time but came dangerously close to falling into old habits. One night instead of going to the gym, I went to McDonald's 🤷

Anyway, I'm looking forward to 2023 and hitting my GW of 232 (100 pounds lost since March) possibly in April. I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and one of the main starting-off points for this journey was getting denied a ride on a new and highly anticipated coaster during a special park passholder preview. Now, at 263, I'm only 5 pounds away from the weight I was when I rode what turned out to be my favorite overall coaster (all the way back in 2008)!

Godspeed with everyone and their journeys! My only advice is that if you are trying to lose weight by cutting calories and diet alone that you look into some type of physical activity as well.

submitted by /u/redfoot12
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1061f74/off_to_a_strong_2023_long/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...