Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Folks who tried to lose weight many times over the years but finally succeeded, what was your main mindset shift?

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Folks who tried to lose weight many times over the years but finally succeeded, what was your main mindset shift?

I'll go first. For context, I tried for the past 10+ years to lose weight, and would lose up to 50 lbs at a time, but always gained it back. I finally lost it all (125 lbs) over the past year using calorie tracking and exercise, and feel like I truly changed my lifestyle permanently.

I think my biggest mindset shift was not caring if I missed my calorie or exercise target on a given day, and instead focusing on averages. Because of that, I could have the occasional celebration or binge, and still know that I was succeeding. I think that helped me have a positive relationship with the diet and myself, which meant I had a much easier of a time keeping with it for a long time.

In particular, I had a 7-day, 30-day, and all-time calorie average I was tracking. I didn't worry about day-to-day calories too much, but if my 7-day average went above 2,000 calories, I knew to pull back a little bit (regardless of how my weight looked).

But even then, I didn't get upset about my 7-day average being high. I knew as long as the 30-day and all-time averages were <2,000 calories, I was still trending in the right direction and hitting my goal was just a matter of time.

Did you have a similar mindset shift? Different one? Curious to hear!

submitted by /u/david72486
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/109mwoy/folks_who_tried_to_lose_weight_many_times_over/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...