Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Doing downhill and I need some advice and help before it gets too late.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Doing downhill and I need some advice and help before it gets too late.

So I (26m) am a recovering alcoholic that replaced booze with food. Getting sober was not a difficult choice for me this time around. Alcohol beat me to there I literally couldn't say no to what AA had to offer, but when I quit drinking I started eating. People say oh yeah I eat more sweet when I quit but the feeling will go away. Well after about a year and a half the feeling has done anything but go away. I eat around 3-4 thousand calories per day of mostly garbage. I am worried it's beginning to effect my health. Instead of changing my diet I just up my workouts, and eat more garbage. Today I was at lunch with some friends out of no where I got the feeling I was about to pass out. This happened the other day too after my workout in the pool. I'm scared its my food in eating and something is happening in my body.

I told my AA friends about maybe checking out OA and they said "spoiler alert, it's the same 12 steps".

I called my works counseling hotline to get referred to a therapist for it but I'm afraid to go in because therapy never worked for my alcoholism so why would it work for this

I thought about going to a doctor and spilling the beans but I am in the military and I am afraid I'll have some medical issue now that will get me kicked out.

So I'm pretty much all out of ideas.

I've counted calories in the past and I went from 250 to 190, but that was because I had to do it for my job. Now I can't find and real goal for weight loss and "my health, or married" isn't a good enough reason. I workout 5-6 days a week sometimes twice a day, and even that is slowly not being able to keep up with my weight gain.

submitted by /u/mysecondattempt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/10epkyl/doing_downhill_and_i_need_some_advice_and_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...