Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Water weight is pretty wild.

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Water weight is pretty wild.

I recently hit a benchmark of around 200 lbs down from 260 so I went to a buddy of mine who's big into weight training to help me come up with a plan. It's been going really well, and the amount of strength I feel like I've gained already is a great feeling! But while doing this, I was advised to take both protein shakes as needed to hit a good protein level daily, and creatine. And hoo boy, creatine will make you retain water like nuts. In 2 weeks I flared up 10-12 lbs while eating at a maintenance level. It's a little annoying from a scale perspective, but I'm trying to convince myself that the scale was just a tool for the first leg of my journey. Now that I'm going into lifting, it's more going to be about look and feel than strictly the weight.

But it really drove home how wild and frustrating water weight can be. Obviously creatine is an outside influence on this, but as a whole, fluctuation in water weight can really be a nuisance when you're trying to lose. I have to stress to everyone the importance of looking at the pattern over time and understanding other factors(an overly salty diet can cause similar effects.)

Anyways, just thought that was an interesting effect that I didn't realize how crazy it could get. Hope everyone has a great day!

submitted by /u/AzureRaven2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rehwrb/water_weight_is_pretty_wild/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...