Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [21/F/SW:195 CW: 185 5’6”] Feeling discouraged about my mother’s comments again. After a 45 minute weight workout, she asked me if I’ve ever “tried cardio?”

Thursday, December 23, 2021

[21/F/SW:195 CW: 185 5’6”] Feeling discouraged about my mother’s comments again. After a 45 minute weight workout, she asked me if I’ve ever “tried cardio?”

I ran cross country in high school. I’ve “tried” cardio. My lowest since August was 181, but my birthday and thanksgiving put me back at 185 (which is okay). I struggle with pretty severe OCD and a binge-eating disorder, so I’ve been really proud of my progress. But it seems like I’m never enough for my mom. She made me start wearing Spanx for my stomach when I was 11/12 years old. And back then I was not overweight. She has always been a disordered eater but has only been at a healthy weight since the pandemic. She comments on what I eat, no matter what it is. She asks pointed comments about if I’m exercising. If I’m sitting down resting, she suggests I go on a walk.

I blew up at her, which I now feel bad about. I asked if she knows better than my personal trainer. I just already feel shitty about my body, I don’t know why she has to add onto it? Yes, it would be great if I was 145 pounds right now. But I’m not. And I can’t expect to look like that right now.

How do you all deal with comments from parents? Mothers specifically?

submitted by /u/Astro_Lord
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rn9q0k/21fsw195_cw_185_56_feeling_discouraged_about_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...