Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: When throwing out food, "waste" is a matter of perspective

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

When throwing out food, "waste" is a matter of perspective

I used to refuse to throw out food because I viewed as "waste." A waste of money, a waste of food, a waste of the effort that went into making the food. Maybe it's because my parents always made me clear my plate when growing up. But one day I had a realization that every time I throw out food I feed trillions of microorganisms. Plus, depending on the food, other wildlife will happily eat my food such as bugs, birds, mice, etc. They live hard lives and would be excited to find my "waste." Now I no longer feel bad about tossing my leftovers or junk food outside and I actually feel good about myself, like I'm being charitable. Food doesn't have to go just into a human's mouth to be not be wasted. Instead, you can feed literal trillions of life forms!

submitted by /u/Master-Baker-69
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rrm1fd/when_throwing_out_food_waste_is_a_matter_of/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...