Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Just having a rough go of things and could use some support...

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Just having a rough go of things and could use some support...

I'm at my highest weight of all time right now. I'm feeling super discouraged and hopeless and i just need some community encouragement.

I recently, through therapy and self discovery, have identified my eating habits as "binge eating". I haven't yet come to terms with that through therapy because we've been focusing on my Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis we just discovered (but long suspected).

I tried to qualify for weight loss surgery a couple years ago but just wasn't ready emotionally or mentally, and my depression got bad and I dropped out of the running.

I'm 19 years in remission from cancer when i was a teen. They all but force fed me high calorie foods back then because i was losing too much weight during treatment. I've struggled with weight since i was in 3rd grade. I've struggled with my emotions since i was a toddler. I've had diabetes for several years now.

I've been considering attempting qualifying for weight loss surgery again. I semi-casually requested my primary care provider to put me back on a weight loss med in the mean time, and she prescribed naltrexone. And it's the only bright light of hope I've seen in decades. It's curbing my appetite, it's dulling the cravings and the compulsive urges. It's even helping with my excoriation disorder!

And to top it all off, this morning I had an evaluation at the lymphedema clinic. I found out I'm in need of therapy treatment to manage the buildup of fluid in my legs. A lifelong affliction. Insurance may or may not cover what I need.

And still... Is it enough to make me change? Is it enough to finally say "ok this is too much I HAVE to do something"? I just don't know. I feel like no matter what happens, it's just not going to be enough to convince me to flip the switch. I just don't know what it's going to take to finally change.

Thanks for listening, guys.

submitted by /u/Moth-Seraph
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rsf47y/just_having_a_rough_go_of_things_and_could_use/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...