Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to say no when being socially coerced into eating when not hungry?

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

How to say no when being socially coerced into eating when not hungry?

I used to eat the average 3 meals a day like everybody else for most of my life, then I tried intermittent fasting when I was in college and that coupled with calorie counting and regular exercise are what worked out best for me. I've since not been able to get into the same rhythm, but that time spent doing IF has put me well in-touch with my body and my sense of hunger.

Most of the time, I'm not hungry at typical mealtimes of the day, especially if I eat in the morning. Ideally, I'd be eating one or two large meals for my daily calorie intake from around 4 PM - 8 PM.

So, whenever it's mealtime and I'm with other people, I end up just eating even though I'm not hungry because I get shamed or coerced into eating when I say "No, I'm not hungry". It's gotten to the point where I can go months without feeling any real sense of hunger because I'm just constantly eating when I'm not hungry. It makes me feel gross and it hurts my self-esteem.

How do you say no in these situations? I can't necessarily just avoid them as I live with my Wife, my brother and his girlfriend who all generally eat meals at "regular times". I also have a job where we eat lunches with clients, and it would seem unprofessional and awkward to skip out on those.

submitted by /u/ChristianJameSerrano
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rlt4cg/how_to_say_no_when_being_socially_coerced_into/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...