Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Advice on how to start a weight loss journey when life is already too busy and exhausting?

Monday, December 27, 2021

Advice on how to start a weight loss journey when life is already too busy and exhausting?

I know it’s the same old story many people tell, they don’t have time to workout and change their lifestyle. That’s where I’m at though, I can barely do my basic everyday tasks as it is and the thought of adding working out into the mix makes me feel completely defeated.

I recently turned 30/f, 220 pounds and 5’6” and I’m just hitting a breaking point where I’m so unhappy with my body that it’s greatly affecting my self esteem and happiness. I haven’t dated anyone in 5 years but I hope to get married and have a family in the near future, however, it’s becoming very clear that if I’m not happy with myself that it isn’t going to happen for me. I don’t necessarily have a goal number in mind, I just want to feel confident and comfortable in my clothes and body.

I work full time, wake up at 7am to leave for work at 8am and I get home around 6:30pm, sometimes later. By the time I’m done with making and eating dinner and cleaning up... I maybe have an hour or 2 to relax before I need to get ready for bed and do it all over again. Generally, I come home everyday completely mentally tapped out. My job doesn’t require much physical activity but 100% of my brain power. I am constantly problem solving, multitasking, and interacting with clients leaving me mentally exhausted. Since COVID, I’ve worked harder than ever and the mental exhaustion is just my constant of being now. So getting 6-8 hours of sleep everyday Is a priority because otherwise I truly would not be able to function. I value that hour or so of free time to relax and hangout with my best friend/roommate so the thought of using that time to workout and having no time to just be honestly seems miserable.

A frustrating element for me is that my diet is pretty average, not great but not terrible. I’ve never been an over eater and I’m not a snacker. I love water and I drink around 97 oz per day. I do love a coke but I only drink it if I’m eating out somewhere. So it seems to accomplish losing weight, my diet probably needs to be pristine but that just leads back to the fact that I’m tapped out on time and energy to meal plan and cook all meals cleanly.

As I reflect on my situation, I am aware that should I get my health in order my level of tiredness and mental exhaustion will likely improve but its a bit of a catch 22 when getting started.

I’m confident my situation is not a unique one and one that many can relate to to some degree. So I ask that if anyone on their weight loss journey who has a schedule or situation similar to mine, how have you found success and overcome these hurdles?

submitted by /u/CrispChicCelestial
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rpyzvo/advice_on_how_to_start_a_weight_loss_journey_when/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...