Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How I’ve been kicking binge eating in the butt

Saturday, December 25, 2021

How I’ve been kicking binge eating in the butt

I’ve always enjoyed feeling super full. That feeling when you eat enough that you start feeling full during the meal, and then you keep eating a little longer. That feeling in the evening after a big dinner, sitting on the couch in a food coma.

Since I started eating healthier and counting calories near the start of the year I broke that binge eating habit. And I’ve started to appreciate feeing a little hungry. Particularly first thing waking up in the morning, or before dinner in the evening. I used to incorrectly connect that feeling with being stressed or feeling bad in some way. But now I’m really into it. I love the way it builds anticipation before a meal and the way it makes me appreciate and enjoy my food sooo much more. All the flavours are so much stronger and I can feel my brain lighting up in all sorts of new places.

But what I didn’t count on is that binge eating doesn’t take me to my happy place anymore. After months of healthy eating I tried buying one of my favourite binge eating meals- two foot long sandwiches from subway. I was really excited to chill out and get in the food coma zone. But after the first six inches I started feeling quite full. By the time I finished the first footlong I was really full and I realized there was no way I’d eat the other one. This is UNHEARD OF for me. I’d long ago accepted that binge eating is just something my brain likes.

Cut to Christmas dinner this year and again I’m ready to enter the food coma zone. I ate a bit lighter leading up so I was responsibly prepared to enjoy going nuuutts on Christmas dinner. Just like everyone does. So I load up a first round of ham and salmon and potatoes and everything and using my new knowledge of portions I find myself serving a normal dinner portion. Nothing crazy, but nothing restrictive or diety. I think to myself well I’ll start with a normal dinner and expand out from there. I eat my food with the family and we’re drinking wine and laughing, and then the strangest thing happens. I don’t think about serving up more. I’m too distracted talking and enjoying my first serving at my new slower pace that comes naturally to me now. They start clearing the plates and I realise that I just ate a regular dinner and I feel full and satisfied.

Has anyone else changed their relationship with long term binge eating? Are you seeing casual evidence of those changes popping up over the holiday period?

TL;DR: A surprising side effect of eating healthy this year is that I don’t get a kick out of binge eating anymore. Or at least for now?

submitted by /u/packyoursnacks
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/roppk8/how_ive_been_kicking_binge_eating_in_the_butt/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...