Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I've walked or run 3650km in 2021 to (nearly) maintain 120lb loss.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I've walked or run 3650km in 2021 to (nearly) maintain 120lb loss.

I hope this is ok to post here, I'm a frequent lurker and normally happy in the shadows. But I just want to share with people who understand that yesterday I hit my target of walking or running 3650km this year. After losing 120lbs (M44 6ft 1 SW325 CW208) during 2019 and 20 I knew from previous experience the difficulties in maintaining weight loss, so set myself the target of averaging 10km a day which I thought would help me stay well.

It has been hard work and I'm so pleased to have done it. I never missed a day and the mental benefits have been as good as the physical ones (even though I have still managed to gain 4lbs this year). I just went for short walks during the day and runs in the evening, apart from when I was tired/injured/ill when I just walked. I've gone through alot of footwear, listened to many Grateful Dead concerts, made the most of my Audible subscription and seen some amazing wildlife.

Three years ago I was in a very bad way, in poor physical and mental health and eating far, far too much. I could barely climb the stairs or walk half a mile without feeling ill and looked awful. I was on a heavy dose of antidepressants and had just given up smoking. Things are infinitely better now and I know achievement is its own reward, but I'm so proud of my 3650km feat that I wanted to share it with people who might be inspired to do the same.

submitted by /u/Achelous77
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rrmgdk/ive_walked_or_run_3650km_in_2021_to_nearly/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...