Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Should I Avoid Weighing Myself When Insecure?

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Should I Avoid Weighing Myself When Insecure?

Hi all.

I am on week two of calorie counting with the Lose It app. I messed up yesterday by going about 500 calories over my daily budget, but I pulled it together today by putting myself in a deficit of that much. I didn’t have to starve myself for it, so no worries. Just stayed very low calorie, and also didn’t much feel like eating past that point anyway.

Tomorrow I should be weighing myself for my second week, but I feel huge right now. I feel heavy. Not sure what it is, but I’m just not feeling too good about myself. Maybe tomorrow will be different, but do you think it’s a better idea to not weigh myself if I’m feeling like this for fear that I maybe have gained weight or haven’t budged, for whatever reason? I feel kind of fragile about my weight right now. Lots of regrets about still being overweight. Lots of FOMO looking at the —got fit during the pandemic while isolated— community in here. I especially feel like shit about it because I got covid and almost died from it. And still, I didn’t force myself to lose weight? I think I’m feeling really badly about myself. Which I feel most of the time, re weight, but extra lately. Which is why I am determined to stick it out this time, no matter what!! I don’t want these regrets any further, or this FOMO.

My two issue with this:

  1. I don’t want weight to have this hold over me, but maybe right now it just does and that’s okay and I can wait until I’m further along to work on correcting that?

  2. What if I did gain or not lose and I don’t know, so can’t fix where I may be messing up somewhere?

I feel like I count pretty well. I was going to be a little more nonchalant with it because calorie counting has been hard for me in the past, but I feel like I actually put in a lot of effort. I’m not sure why I would gain or not lose if that’s the case. I’m just feeling heavy for some reason.

I’m currently at about 2,000 calories a day and set to lose two pounds per week. But this is also set at a medium rate of physical activity, so I actually try to deduct about 500 calories from my weekly allotment to make up for the not being super active. So it looks like this week I stayed in my calorie range for the week. Maybe over by ten calories. Therefore I’m more likely to have lost about one pound.

To weigh or not to weigh?? I think I’m going to say no, but am interested on thoughts regarding this. Also just venting a little if ya don’t mind:)

submitted by /u/EBeewtf
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rkbvi8/should_i_avoid_weighing_myself_when_insecure/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...