Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My hair is motivating me.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

My hair is motivating me.

Disclaimer: I don't know why I'm posting this. Please don't feel compelled to read this. This is more like a teenager's journal entry even though I haven't been a teenager in 25 years.

I'm a dude who has always had a "trendy" haircut for the time, whether it was a faux-hawk or an undercut with a 0 blade on the side, etc. As the pandemic went on in the beginning, I obviously wasn't a getting haircut every few weeks anymore. At some point I decided to lean in to longer hair (like many, many other men did). Well now it's been two years since my last haircut. I legit have long hair.

I had this moment last year around Christmas, where I was deciding whether to cut it off or not. I decided that I had gone a whole year, I could at least get through the winter. And then when spring got here, I decided to keep it through the summer, just to see how long it would get since I'll never do this again in my life. And then when it started to be late fall, I did the same conversation again - might as well just keep it going until December and see what two full years of growth from almost completely shaved looks like.

I started my weight loss journey back in July. I started at 250lbs and am currently only at 207lbs.

My original hopes were to get back to 220lbs. I did keto and a fairly aggressive walking plan and got there pretty quick. Once I did I decided just to keep going until winter, when I wouldn't be going out for the long walks anymore. I think deep down I expected to regain weight over the winter with a plan to lose again once it got warm out.

But I didn't. At the beginning of November when the weather turned here, I started turning my conversation with myself about my hair into one about my hair and my weight. Except I didn't just make it about a few months. Looking at my hair I see how much longer it is from one year ago, much less two years ago, and how I didn't really even notice it was changing. The same thing is happening with weight loss I am sure.

Everyone says that they lose motivation or lose focus because they don't see the changes they want to see. I'm keeping my ridiculous hair and I'm going to continue my diet changes and my exercise changes until this time next year, so I can look back and see what another year looks like.

My hair has been motivating me. It grows slowly, but with enough time, noticeable change can be seen. I understand now that the same thing applies to my weight loss journey as well.

submitted by /u/Sigurlion
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rltvdd/my_hair_is_motivating_me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...