Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: When your targets are way off

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

When your targets are way off

I have been losing weight for 7 months now and have come down to 175lb from 240lb. All nice, it seems, but it is nowhere near enough. Apparently you have to worry about body composition, body toning, muscle mass and a billion other things. My actual tdee at 5ft 11in 175lb is probably closer to 1900 as my weight trend suggests. That's a very low amount of food, I don't know if that can fill me up. I have not felt "full" or satisfied with my portions for months now. I cook everything on my own without oil to maximise portion size and protein. It's not sustainable and I don't want to do it either. I cannot eat out because that crap has insane calories, how do people survive eating out every week and still maintain weight?

When I began I targetted 180lb but now it seems that was way off. This is what I look like at 175lb. It is probably going to take another year or so to lose fat and gain muscle, it's already pretty slow now due to my 1900 TDEE.

I used to LOVE food, I still do. It was one of the best things about being alive and now it's gone. Just eggs, chicken, veggies and salt to taste all day. I sympathise so much people who give up. It's a constant fight with yourself and your peers. They taunt you for making healthy choices, discourage your, and if they are anything like mine, they scold you for it.

I feel "ugly" with my body, and it is improving ever so slightly every week but it has gotten so slow now. From losing >2lb a week I am down to barely 0.8lb, it is very discouraging. Driving to the gym everyday, training for 90 minutes and then driving back home takes a lot of time. Not to mention the time it takes to cook food, buy food, look for recipes ... it goes on and on. Fitness enthusiasts might scoff at the idea that people might find it hard to manage time for fitness but I cannot see how this is sustainable at all. I can do it because I am literally doing nothing at all, but people with jobs or school probably cannot afford to invest so much time here. And not just time but money. Meat is so expensive! Whey protein isn't any cheaper either. How are students or broke people supposed to hit their goals? I am just very exhausted with it all, and I don't know how I will do it after college starts. Thanks for listening to my rant.

submitted by /u/Forward-Primary-379
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rlwxru/when_your_targets_are_way_off/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...