Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Stepped on the scale for the first time since March 2020

Monday, December 27, 2021

Stepped on the scale for the first time since March 2020

Long story short, I have gained 35 lbs since the start of the pandemic.

I genuinely don't know how to feel about it, mainly because I haven't noticed that I've gained so much. My tops fit the same (aside from gaining a cup size), and my pants only went up one size. Looking back at older pictures, I pretty much look the same. As a 5'2 woman, you'd think gaining 35 lbs would show a drastic difference.

Even though I look nearly the same as I did 35 lbs lighter, knowing I gained this much bugs me. Its stupid- why should I care about the weight gain if I didn't even notice it over the course of nearly 2 years?

The scale can hold a great power over people's heads like that, and now I am falling victim to it. But I think a more healthy way of approaching this is for me to think more so of how I was before I gained the weight, and if I want to go back to that person, not back to that weight. I used to work out 3 times a week at the gym before I cancelled my membership due to COVID. I would walk about 12k steps a day around my college campus. I felt more energized, my skin glowed, I enjoyed being outside more, I was able to touch my toes when stretching. Gaining 35 pounds took that away from me to a certain extent. I'm tired, less inclined to go outside, my skin breaks out more (probably shows that my diet is not as good), etc.

I'm not exactly looking for advice with this post, but feel free to share some tips for someone who is beginning their weight loss/fitness journey. This is more so to document for myself how I felt at the beginning of this challenge for myself, and to go back to and remind myself that though the weight is what caused me to want change, the feeling of being more fit is what I am striving for, not a number on the scale.

submitted by /u/leenziti
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rq020e/stepped_on_the_scale_for_the_first_time_since/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...