Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to overcome this addiction?

Thursday, December 30, 2021

How to overcome this addiction?

I quit smoking cigarettes after 15 years of smoking at least one pack a day, and I've virtually quit drinking after being an alcoholic for about as long. I've done other things that catch a lot of other people up in addictions and I've overcome them, too. But I can't stop eating poorly. If there's chocolate or candy in the house, I'll binge eat more of it every day than would be considered healthy to eat in one sitting even once, until it's eventually gone. If there's cereal I'll eat a bowl at least once or twice every day until it's gone, regardless of any other meals I might have already eaten. I have kids so it's hard to completely avoid these things and other junky foods. Even healthy food is only healthy when controlled for portion.

I just can't seem to control myself. A lot of it happens late at night, but going to bed earlier isn't really an option. With kids and grad school and a full time job, my only time to work is often late at night. I think a lot of it is in response to stress, but stress is just a constant in my life and I'm not sure I can do anything about that either. I occasionally try a diet or I get on a workout kick for a while, but it never outlasts my desire to consume terrible things and be sedentary. CICO doesn't seem to work very well for me because a fair number of my meals are homemade and not consistent with recipes that can easily be found on apps or online, and besides, I just sort of lose the will to keep track after a while.

I'm sure there are guides on this sub that would be useful, I've looked around in the past. I just have this problem of consistent motivation that I don't know how to overcome despite my experience fighting addiction in the past. I'm just not sure what to do and it's only getting worse. My drinking was social in nature, so I stopped going to bars and parties. Cigarettes are only smokable if you buy them. Food is everywhere all the time and you have to eat to survive, so it's hard not to eat way more than I need to survive. It's been unhealthy for a while and I just can't stop.

Let me know if you have something that really worked for you in a similar situation. Appreciate your help.

submitted by /u/Terminal_Prime
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rsfxon/how_to_overcome_this_addiction/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...