Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Today I joined the triple digit club (SV)

Monday, December 6, 2021

Today I joined the triple digit club (SV)

SW: 360, CW: 260, GW: 225 (42M, 6' 3")

Today is a day like any other... except it's not. I stepped on the scale after I brushed my teeth, and much to my surprise, it read 259.8 ... I knew this day would come, and I've been within 5 pounds for about a month, but an extended trip coupled with a lot of stress made it seem I was stuck on another plateau.

Nevertheless, here I am. After 16 months, I have officially lost 100 pounds. I have not been this close to a healthy weight in more than 20 years, since before I met my (ex) wife. It feels amazing living inside this body now. Not so long ago, it felt more like a prison.

So what worked? Habit. Simple as that. I made cooking healthy food, not buying trash food, and getting outside and moving all habits. Start small, make it routine, then (and only then) start to push myself.

Breakfasts with six strips of bacon went to 2 sausages, then 1 sausage or even deli meat, to eating vegetarian meals at least twice a week (I have some cholesterol issues to work on as well).

Walking for ten minutes a day became a half hour a day, to eventually two walks a day totalling an hour or more. Jogging, when I can manage it (my knees are still shot). I have gone as far as 13km in a single day (multiple walks), and as far as 9km in a single walk. I've broken 60km in a single week once, and am now working on getting to 70km in a week.

Eat healthy. Eat less. Cut "starch" carbs as much as possible. Walk every day. That's it... That's what it took to get my life and my health back on track.

Today is just like any other day. Except I'm finally looking forward to tomorrow, instead of dreading it. And that is the best feeling out of all of this.

Stay strong, everyone. Believe in yourself. Put the work in for yourself. You're worth it.

submitted by /u/thejameswhistler
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ralzdg/today_i_joined_the_triple_digit_club_sv/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...