Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: On people saying your ideal weight is "too skinny"

Monday, December 6, 2021

On people saying your ideal weight is "too skinny"

I'm currently trying to weight. My goal will still put me 25 pounds over the high end of my ideal weight, but I'll be a lot better than I am now.

Whenever I tell family and friends that I want to eventually go down to my ideal BMI weight of 100-130 they act horrified. That's "too thin" and I'll "look like a stick". At my short height that's a perfectly healthy range but everyone acts like I'll be deathly skinny at 110 pounds.

I know a lot of people who deal with this. The perceived "healthy weight" is actually fatter than most people believe. It's not just Americans having a skewed view of health since I know many first gen immigrant and international people who have mentioned the same rhetoric. People are always telling them they're too slim and need more meat on their bones.

I have a family member who lost 30~ pounds without trying and is fine where he is. We were talking and I mentioned his ideal weight was actually 40 pounds skimmer and he was aghast at that thought.

submitted by /u/Gallantpride
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ralp8y/on_people_saying_your_ideal_weight_is_too_skinny/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...