Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Slip Ups Will Happen

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Slip Ups Will Happen

So I had my first REAL slip in a long time. Like going beyond eating at like 8:10pm, or going maybe 50 over my calories. I've been doing super well.

Then my mom came to visit, had been almost two years since I saw her, and when she left I got pretty darn low. And I really slipped for a solid 3 days. Eating at all times of the day, eating a LOT (not binging, dont want to misrepresent myself, just thoughtless over eating like I used to), and eating plenty of bad food.

So I have that moment lots of us with a big weight loss goal might be familiar with: I'd already slipped so badly, what's one more day, or what's the point in even being so strict when I'm sure I gained so much weight back already; just really getting into our own heads/mental gymnastics to go back to foodfoodfood.

Then I stepped on the scale. And I had gained 0.7 pounds.

I was totally shocked. It truly helped me get back into gear, that my 3 day gorging didnt set me back weeks and weeks, "just" 0.7 pounds. I tightened my calorie deficit a bit more (within safe limits, promise) to slowly but surely make up a bit for those three days, and i'm back to my intermittent fasting schedule.

And I'm writing all this to put out there that a) it's okay to be gentle with ourselves in our failures, slip ups are inevitable sometimes, but always try and get back on track, and 2) if the despair is creeping up, try and get the courage to get on the scale. Your brain might just be being extra cruel to you, and the reality is more motivating.

submitted by /u/Roxo42
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rbcqou/slip_ups_will_happen/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...