Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Lost over 40 pounds by just switching to a vegan diet

Friday, December 10, 2021

Lost over 40 pounds by just switching to a vegan diet

Hey everyone, I wanted to share my weight loss story in hopes to inspire anyone else out there. I'm in my mid 30s and have always been on the chubby side since I was a newborn (I was 10 pounds). The only "skinny" time in my life was in my early 20s when I went to the gym 2 hours a day, 4 times per week and I was still about 5-7 pounds over my "ideal" weight. On top of this, I have PCOS which anyone suffering from this condition knows it can feel impossible to lose even a pound.

This April I decided to switch to a fully vegan diet. I had been vegetarian for 3 years at this point and was contemplating a vegan diet for some time and come April my body just kind of switched and decided it no longer wanted any more animal products so it was an easy change in that sense.

I've been eating more than I was before, I don't measure any meals or count calories. I have occasional vegan "junk" food and I'm not physically active at all right now minus a 3km walk a couple times a week. Without even trying, I have lost over 40 pounds since April. I know that may not sound enough in 8 months, but considering I'm not consciously trying to lose weight, I felt this was a big deal, especially considering how much I have struggled to lose weight my entire life. My metabolism finally seems to be working in high gear whereas I was truly thinking it was non existent at some points in my life lol.

I plan now to begin a regular exercise regime and see how that continues to impact my life. I chose to be vegan for the lifestyle, not just a temporary diet so I'm excited to see what other positive changes this brings me!

submitted by /u/Onelove1133
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rdm90n/lost_over_40_pounds_by_just_switching_to_a_vegan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...