Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you deal with negative comments/people while losing weight?

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

How do you deal with negative comments/people while losing weight?

I will preface this by saying that I hope I have come to the right place.

I have been trying to lose the same 30-40 pounds for a long, long time now. I’ve also posted in this sub so many many times and have always received wonderful words of encouragement and great advice. But the one thing I feel is a huge barrier for me right now is the negative comments I receive every single day while on this weight loss journey and living at home.

My mom constantly compares me to skinnier friends and family and wails that she feels like I’ve disgraced the family because I’ve let myself go. She’s said that I dress hideously, that the beauty in my face is lost because I’ve gained weight, and best of all, that the binge eating I engaged in while at rock bottom with my mental health and working 40 hours a week was my fault! And when I started crying because obviously these are all incredibly hurtful things she tells me that I’m childish and that she “just can’t say anything” to me without me throwing a tantrum and will continue huffing around the house screaming about how useless and ungrateful I am for at least a day after.

I feel completely weighed down by these comments. How am I supposed to lose weight and feel hopeful when A WEEK into my journey I am being compared to everyone and being told I haven’t been trying and am currently not trying hard enough? A week in.

I feel disgusted with myself and heartbroken. Part of the reason I find weight loss so hard to get started with is because I find it hard to love the skin I’m in while aiming for more. And all I can hear now is my mother telling me the skin I’m in now is worthless unless it looks like x cousins or y friends.

Any words of encouragement or guidance would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/dddbbbkkkeee
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rbd66l/how_do_you_deal_with_negative_commentspeople/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...