Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Eating under TDEE gaining weight help

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Eating under TDEE gaining weight help

For context: My TDEE is around 1700 and I am consuming between 1200-1500 calories a day. The only major change in my life is that I am slightly less active since I came down with a cold but nothing else.

I decided to start making sure I’m accurately tracking my calories since my weight loss has slowed down and often plateaus for weeks. I have been adding excess calories to how I am tracking (ex/ even if i use 1 tablespoon of olive oil i’ll track it like 2, so when I hit my calorie “limit” for the day I know it’s actually an overestimate). I also started using a food scale.

The food scale was honestly a shocking experience for me since I realized how much I had been overestimating calorie intake and how much I actually have been UNDER-eating (which was exciting bc now I can eat more than I thought). So now I am pretty sure I am actually eating 1200-1500 calories a day and it’s actually very filling which has been nice.

Here’s the downside: I’ve been eating consistently like this for two weeks and i’ve gained FIVE POUNDS. How is this possible?? I am definitely eating under my TDEE due to the food scale and over-tracking. This is very frustrating.

submitted by /u/tilly1277
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/reemvc/eating_under_tdee_gaining_weight_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...