Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Are pilates any good for losing weight?

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Are pilates any good for losing weight?

I'm 15 on a weight loss journey for my ideal (or at least somewhat more likeable) body. I've been doing everything I can do- I increased my caloric intake to 1500 a day and sticking to it, and I exercise when possible, trying to get some activity level in to help the process. I'm on my school's bowling team and bowl 3 times a week, and we own a treadmill, but the issue is bowling isn't very intensive and I dislike using the treadmill around my family (and it's in the living room so I can't be ignored) so the only good times to use it are Saturday mornings and when I'm on long breaks while my family is at work. My dad gets home the same time as me every day so I can't just get on after school either, plus I have chores to do anyways. And considering I'm looking at getting myself a job, I might be working all of Christmas break and may not even have time that I would like to spend exercising.

I heard about pilates and thought maybe I should try them. I can do them in my bedroom, and they seem pretty intensive, at least for me. But I've also read that they're only good if you also do cardio or other workouts. My mom and dad both have Planet Fitness black cards, but nobody ever wants to go take me. I'm not allowed to be in there alone because I'm under 18, meaning if my family takes me they have to STAY in the gym. My dad is a construction worker whose often sore from work, and when he isn't working he's in the woods hunting and hiking, meaning he's already pooped. As for my mom, she acts as if it's a CHORE to take me ANYWHERE and I doubt she would be too happy with the idea of being forced to exercise while I'm there. The most she can do is do a 10 min. tan session and an 8 min. massage. Meanwhile every time I go I strive for an hour to an hour and a half. My brother is 22, but given that he has no membership and doesn't even want to leave to go to THANKSGIVING to see his FAMILY, I severely doubt he would EVER, EVER want to take me to the gym, and he's also moving out Jan. 7th anyways so even if he did it would be very short-term.

Now, the job isn't FULLY secured yet, so I may not get it. My boss is also my mom's boss, who is very understanding and wouldn't mind if I only worked a few days. Plus it's a cemetery office where all I have to do is mail invoices, so it's not as if they're any busier during the holidays unless Santa runs someone over with his sleigh or a house gets burned down from the Chanukah candles... In the case I don't get the job until after the holidays, I can easily use the treadmill.

Another issue: My room doesn't have much space to move. I can easily walk and do things while standing, but if I needed to move more than a few inches it gets a little cramped or I hit things on my desk.

I want to make sure pilates are actually effective for losing weight before I get committed. I plan on doing an hour of pilates a day (guided by Moving Mango or others on YouTube) IF pilates are actually effective. I do NOT plan on doing pilates alone, I will continue doing cardio and going to the gym WHENEVER I have the chance.

TL;DR: Not much time to do cardio and most of the time going to the gym is inconvenient for my family and they don't want to take me. Want to do pilates an hour a day but I'm unsure if it's effective.

submitted by /u/FFrancis24
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/reeyc3/are_pilates_any_good_for_losing_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...