Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Setting a realistic goal weight?

Friday, December 10, 2021

Setting a realistic goal weight?

I’m a 5’11 22F and I was originally going to set a goal weight of 185lbs (currently 225lbs now). However when doing this one of the TDEE calculators I was using said that it’s too high and I’d need to set a goal of 175lbs. Which in itself is fine, as that’s what I used to sit on when I was an athlete a year ago. However, after doing some research and talking to a therapist I’ve been told that I should weigh less than 155lbs. I’ve only been able to maintain this when I don’t eat anything (and everyone around me tells me I look sick), and when I was 18 and built like a stick. Freshman year of college I gained 20lbs which was definitely healthy weight and I filled into a womanly figure (mainly all of it went to my thighs). Once I told my therapist this he kept pestering me that it wasn’t healthy, and that I must of been fat, and wondered if it made me upset. At around 170 - 175lbs I was the healthiest and fittest I’d ever been and now I’m being told that’s too much to weigh so I’m very confused.

Does anyone have advice for figuring out a realistic goal weight? I’m not sure if maybe I’m delusional and should just weigh as little as possible as everyone suggests. I know I could just lose weight and see what happens, but I’m unfortunately very goal-oriented.

submitted by /u/nkaedly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rdmrko/setting_a_realistic_goal_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...