Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Need some advice on personal trainers.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Need some advice on personal trainers.

So my wife and I are looking to finally take the jump in to losing weight and getting healthy. I (38 M) am 6ft tall and weight 265lbs, my wife (35 F) is 5'9 and is at 299lbs. We both have struggled with our weight for most of our lives and we would like to change the habits that brought us there. So we recently decided to join a new Crunch Fitness gym that opened near by and have been going at least 2x a week for an hour or so each (baring any outside issues like, holidays, travel and sick kids).

Anyway last week as we were checking in to the gym we were approached by one of the trainers asking about our goals and what not and decided to set a consultation with him. Everything in the consultation went great, he understood where we were coming from and he didn't make us feel like shit because of our situation.

But then the cost of the packages came up, and to be honest, the pricing was somewhat outrageous. Like 2 days a week for a month for the 2 of us would have cost more than our monthly mortgage. Throw in the fact that I just recently became unemployed last week (we have some savings but not enough extra to cover this) and I felt like I was blindsided. To make matters worse the moment we hesitated due to the cost of the services his attitude shifted, like he couldn't be bothered with us anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure he is a great trainer and all but the costs were just way too high for us to consider this right now. I guess my question is, for those who have found success with a trainer, was it worth the $$? Are there any online programs that people recommend that don't cost over $1200 for a month? Or am I just being a cheap ass about this?

submitted by /u/anthr0x1028
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zdnvo1/need_some_advice_on_personal_trainers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...