Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 26M 275lbs : First real day at the gym in months

Thursday, December 15, 2022

26M 275lbs : First real day at the gym in months

I went to the gym 2 days a week in june and july, but then I lost motivation (a big problem I have for everything).

I'm 26M and 125kg (275lbs). I haven't gone to the gym since I was in highschool, and even then I only went for 3 months.

I'm pretty new to all of this, I can't associate names to what they do (I need to google it each time).

My coach made me a program, I asked for PPL, twice a week, so that I can only do it once if I feel super demotivated; and also work all muscle groups twice.

My program (it's in French but you can probably understand most of it)

Today I did PULL, it was hard. I've already did PUSH and LEGS months ago and it's way easier for me.
I did bench press without any weight, 4x10. I don't really know how much weight the bar was, but even for me it was still heavy, I could do 2 series of 10 without issues, but for the last 2 series I could only do 5 reps. I'm literally so weak, I must have no chest muscles, it's so embarassing.
When I see other people who don't seem to have massive biceps (I think Bench Press needs some biceps even though it works pectorals) can put like 10/20kg and I'm baffled.

For almost every other PULL exercices I put the lowest weights possible, I could put more but then I would need to lower the reps a lot. Again, very embarassing, especially as a man.
How much time would it take for me to put more weights ? Will I have to stay at the lowest weights for an entire month before putting on more weight ? Will it get better, can I do it ?

Also, another reason I don't put too much weight is because even with the lowest weights, I can get dizzy after a few sets, one time I felt so bad I almost threw up.

I come from a period of depression where I actually lost weight, but when it god better, I ate like an ogre and now I'm here.

I don't really know what I'm looking for here, some comfort, some nice words to motivate me, etc.

Yesterday evening I felt motivated, I felt happy, I was ready to have a new life. But this morning I felt the same way I did when I went to Uni classes I didn't like, it gave me anxiety, my belly was aching and I kinda wanted to find an excuse not to go.

submitted by /u/FRGoatThroat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zn1iy6/26m_275lbs_first_real_day_at_the_gym_in_months/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...