Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Balanced on the edge of a knife

Friday, December 30, 2022

Balanced on the edge of a knife

I get this overwhelming feeling that hitting my goals is both impossible and inevitable. It feels like a damn about to burst. The destruction of the flood will wash away disbelief, self-sabotage, and guilt. It leaves hope, good habits, and a healthy substantial change in my intrinsic motivation.

I have lost about 95 lbs, and the next 15 lbs will bring me under 200 lbs, over 100 lbs lost, and then reaching my benchmark loss of 110 lbs lost. I reached that goal in 2018 and then gained back 45 lbs. I'm so close to this mark. Once reached, it's all new territory. And I am looking forward to walking in the wild and experiencing new goals again!

I am a goal setter and achiever. I love the personal sense of fulfilment I get from reaching a goal. Most of my goals are non scale goals. Reaching this crux has brought up a lot of insecurities around the number on the scale again and I'm really struggling through the emotional swamp left after the last flood.

So, I'm starting off the year with similar benchmarks and a new scale for success. No more scale goals as my primary focus. I enjoy fitness and enjoy meal planning and mostly struggle with dessert calories and frustration induced snacking.

1

Physical - Consistency: Maintain a fitness routine all year Eat in a deficit until weight loss goal reached

2

Spiritual - Into the Wild: Explore and adventure more often with Rosie! (My corgi/heeler, see my profile for posts with pics), camping, hiking, drive to walk different parks as it gets nicer, beach or mountain trips, family visits, puppy play dates!

3

Mental - Learn a lot of new things: Start a physical hobby, like maybe Kali or kickboxing Learn to code, database work brings me peace. Work on social skills and rebuilding friendships.

Anyone else like to separate types of goals or their focus from the scale?

submitted by /u/arylea
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zzcdry/balanced_on_the_edge_of_a_knife/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...