Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What’s New Since 2017?

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

What’s New Since 2017?

Hi all!

I was very active on this sub back in 2017, when I lost about 75 lbs (under a different username, u/Ms_Andry; went from 186.5 to maintaining around 110). I kept the weight off for a few years, but between a busy job, the pandemic, pregnancy, and being a new mom, I stopped making weight management a priority and ended up gaining most of it back.

I finally got back to a point where I felt ready and able to refocus on weight management and got started in late November. I did a lot of work the last time around to understand what foods and eating schedule kept me satisfied and enabled me to consistently hit my deficit target. I’ve largely gone back to that routine (with some adjustments due to intervening life changes) and thankfully it’s still very effective for me. I’m focusing on my diet for now, but I’m hoping to work on my activity level and add in some resistance training and cardio in the new year.

My question is this: While I know that the fundamentals haven’t changed – no revisions to the first law of thermodynamics as far as I’m aware! – I was wondering if folks have any recommendations for weight loss / weight management / health and fitness resources (apps, websites, other subreddits, podcasts, gadgets, cookbooks, important research findings, whatever) that have developed over the past 5 years that you’d recommend checking out? This stuff really helps me stay on track and I feel like several of my go-tos are a bit dated, so any recommendations you have would be much appreciated!

Anyway, it’s been wonderful to be back on this sub and it’s great to see some folks I remember from back in the day still on the mod team (heyyy u/denovosibi, u/hxcjosh23, u/ThatCanadianGuy88, and u/fluffstermcmuffin!) and to see u/funchords still out here giving super knowledgeable and insightful advice. This sub was incredibly helpful to me last time around and I’m excited to be getting back to work with you all!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

submitted by /u/Oxie_DC
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zs8vec/whats_new_since_2017/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...