Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Can willpower be affected by blood sugar variations?

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Can willpower be affected by blood sugar variations?

In this video, they maintain that there is a limit to how much willpower we have to use each day and that ‘stores’ of willpower can be affected by blood sugar or energy levels.

https://youtu.be/psJuJicKGp8

I’ve learned (finally) over the last few years that in order to manage my weight, being ‘smart’ is at least as important as trying to use willpower to make better food choices. Putting in the effort to arrange my life and circumstances to give me a better chance of avoiding problem foods seems to pay off well in the long run. By doing things like clearing all problem foods out of my house, batch cooking quality food so that I always have a better option on hand and also keeping with me a range of healthy snack foods (I like to carry a little tub of walnuts, Brazil nuts and blueberries with me every day) to tide me over on a busy day, I’ve been able to somewhat ‘outsmart’ my apparent lack of willpower.

This is of course a bit of a process. There is such a learning curve with lifestyle habits, and I don’t think we are well educated in managing these things. I know I find it a bit overwhelming sometimes to make sense of all the claims about various foods and supplements available. And then we see so many ‘experts’ completely disagree on just about EVERYTHING!

It’d be nice to be able to ‘back up’ the smart approach to food management with a biological way of bolstering our willpower as well. Smart food management AND strengthened willpower! I’d like to be able to do both. If there is any truth in this idea that more consistent blood sugar levels can increase the willpower ‘pool’ we have each day, then I’m interested to find out the food and lifestyle types that make this possible. Also, which one is a greater influence on our weight management? Is it 50% lifestyle and 50% willpower? Or another ratio? Are there other elements that I’m not even thinking of?

Does anyone have any experience with and thoughts on this? What kinds of diets help us achieve consistent blood sugar levels? What other aspects of our physiology and mental state might also factor into this? Could it also be other parts of our diet that can make a disproportionately large difference? Minerals? Vitamins? I’d love to hear what people think about this stuff.

submitted by /u/XanderSplat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zok71o/can_willpower_be_affected_by_blood_sugar/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...