Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to know if you're overweight from carrying too much water(high salt intake) vs too much fat?

Monday, December 26, 2022

How to know if you're overweight from carrying too much water(high salt intake) vs too much fat?

My weight has recently shot up from 180 to 198, and I decided it was time to do something about it. I get miserable when I'm dropping weight, so I planned to start tackling it during the Christmas 4 day weekend. I started reducing calories last Wednesday. I'm running about an 800 calorie/day deficit. By the end of Thursday, I was peeing A LOT. It's not clear, but it's also not dark. Now, I'm down to 187.

That's 11 pounds in 6 days. If I was burning mostly fat, that shouldn't be possible. Does that mean that most of the weight I had gained was actually water from eating too much salt? Cut back on the salt(coincidentally with calories), and cut back on the water weight?

Does that mean if I reduce my salt intake, I can go back to my normal amount of calories and not gain the weight back?

How can I know if my current excess weight is primarily from too much body fat, or too much water?

submitted by /u/bobombpom
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zw4kjz/how_to_know_if_youre_overweight_from_carrying_too/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...