Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do I lose weight or track progress without numbers?

Thursday, December 29, 2022

How do I lose weight or track progress without numbers?

Hey, I need some advice. I used CICO for awhile and had some success but hit a bit of a plateau and fell off the wagon last year. Got back on again afterwards but the last 6 months or so I stagnated and my mental health took a hit. I couldn't reduce my calories too much further without binging or struggling to function and the number on the scale wouldn't budge. It got to the point I was having a breakdown and getting neurotic and slipping into a really dark place. If it wasnt for my partners presence I know for sure it would have gone into a full on eating disorder (idk how much detail I'm allowed to discuss so I'll leave it at that). So right now I'm not counting calories and am trying to lose weight by focusing on lifestyle/food choice changes and things i do rather than numbers until my relationship with food is a bit better. It is hard but I think focusing on nutrition may be a better approach than number crunching restriction until then.

What are some ways to judge progress and make progress that don't rely so heavily on counting numbers or daily weigh ins? Are there other metrics that I could focus on hitting that might help? I'm trying to keep track of my energy levels and switching up my snack choices to deal with cravings when they hit and also doing small exercises throughout the day when I can (i work an office job).

I dont think this will be a permanent approach but I just need some advice and motivation until I can get back into a good headspace.

submitted by /u/A_Rolling_Potato
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zyjxj9/how_do_i_lose_weight_or_track_progress_without/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...