Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Making the most of my gym routine

Friday, December 30, 2022

Making the most of my gym routine

Hello!

I’d love to get some advice from you lovely Reddit folk. TLDR at the bottom.

I’m 5’8, F with an athletic build wanting to get to 10st 3lbs (it’s my ‘ideal weight’ according to an online calculator & arbitrary but a goal weight I’d like to achieve for the challenge and aesthetic).

I started my weight loss journey at 13 st got down to 11 and now 11st 8 after enjoying too many mince pies at Xmas - no regrets.

My daily calorie intake is 1200 but around 1450 -1600 when I workout.

  • I’ve been CICO’ing (creating a calorie deficit by consuming fewer calories than I burn each day).

  • Have a somewhat high protein diet.

  • Gym 5 days a week usually doing the same routine which I enjoy. Can’t afford a trainer & don’t enjoy the free classes so chose some fat burning exercises that are challenging but I still enjoyable.

I’d like to get thoughts on how I can maximise my workout so it’s more time efficient. I’m spending 1.5 - 2 hrs in in the gym sometimes - not helped by the fact I may have the tiniest bladder in the world which means I need to pee whenever I drink even the smallest amount of water. I also have a sports drink but it doesn’t hydrate me as much but is good for energy.

Current workout routine:

5 -10 min warm up

30 minutes on the treadmill (doing a variation of the 12-3-30 challenge - 12 incline, pace 3.3 or higher for 30 mins)

30 mins abs - I store fat in my stomach and even with a low carb diet it’s still pudgy unless I intentionally exercise it (see pic). I’m usually knackered after this.

20 mins on the bike at 60-75 RPM.

5 min cooldown

  • a minimum 4 pee breaks (feel a bit crass sharing these take abt 5 mins each inc. travel time + storing my stuff away safely whilst I’m away from whatever station I’m using.)

I won’t have the luxury of so much time when I’m back at work so how can I tighten it up?

TLDR: currently 11st 8lbs tryna get to 10st 3lbs and need some help creating a time efficient workout plan. It’s currently over 2hrs sometimes.

Thx 4 reading.

submitted by /u/softlemon
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zzj0bj/making_the_most_of_my_gym_routine/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...