Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I (19 f) resent my mom for being supportive now after gaining 100 lbs

Monday, December 19, 2022

I (19 f) resent my mom for being supportive now after gaining 100 lbs

Growing up my family constantly commented about my weight and eating habits even if I was only slightly overweight because we have a family history of diabetes and obesity. My mom would compare our bodies (eg “I didn’t weight as much as you at 14 until I was 30” or “I didn’t have stretch marks until I was pregnant”). I developed a binge-restricting eating pattern and then eventually gave up on restricting and gained 100 lbs. now nobody comments on my weight or eating which I found strange at first because I am significantly bigger than when they I was when they were so critical. I am getting my life back in order and fixing my self esteem and relationship with food. It’s been really nice and I’ve lost 20 lbs and the only person that knows I’m trying to get healthy is my mom because I live with her. She’s very supportive now that I weigh more than her, and will say that I “wasn’t big at all until a couple of years ago” and it’s like why didn’t you tell me back then??? She sometimes sends me old photos as “motivation” but all I can think of is how much I hated myself back then and hated having photos taken of me cause I thought I was huge. I don’t believe in blaming other people for my life choices but i just feel angry when she acts supportive now after how insecure her comments made me feel growing up

submitted by /u/Adept-Situation8830
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zq7pt8/i_19_f_resent_my_mom_for_being_supportive_now/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...