Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Do my eating habits sound problematic/disordered?

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Do my eating habits sound problematic/disordered?

F29 / 5'3" SW 156lbs / CW 118lbs

I have lost roughly 40lbs in the past year. I'm pretty much where I want to be, and I believe I am in maintenance currently. Every day since the end of September my weight has been between 116lbs and 121lbs. It goes up and down, but always stays within that range.

Anyway. My diet. I like having ~3 days a week where I can "let go" and not have to think about what I eat or drink.

So, on Monday to Thursday I skip breakfast, and either skip lunch or eat something very small (e.g. a piece of fruit and a small handful of nuts). For dinner I'll have a normal, healthy meal with veggies, protein, fibre (a standard portion size) and sometimes some fruit after. That's it. I stay well hydrated and take a multivitamin too.

Then on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I basically just eat whatever I want. I don't mean that I binge on junk, or eat until I feel sick. I just don't limit myself or say "no, I shouldn't have that" when I want something. If I want a snack between meals I'll have one. If the pasta I made for dinner was so good that I could eat a second bowl, I'll get a second bowl. If I go out for a meal with friends, and everyone's getting appetisers and desserts, then I will too. If I fancy a cup of hot cocoa after dinner, or a glass of wine, then I will have it. You get the idea.

My TDEE is around 1500 / day. I don't count calories, but I am "calorie aware": I would say Mon-Thu my average calorie intake is around 1000 / day. Then Fri-Sun I average around 2,200 / day. Over the course of the week, it balances out. So that's how I've been maintaining my weight for the past 3 months.

It works for me. I feel good, I feel like I can go all out and enjoy my life at the weekends, and just limit my intake the rest of the time. On Mon-Thu it's not like I feel hungry all the time, I don't. In fact I'm usually so full from the weekend that I'm quite glad to have a few days of eating "light".

But I've told some people about this, and their reactions have been negative, saying it sounds problematic/like I have an ED. Basically, from the sounds of it, they think that I should be eating the same amount of food every day. They think "yo-yoing" up and down like that is unhealthy, and sounds too much like "binging and restricting".

What are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/BeatificBanana
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zl8w96/do_my_eating_habits_sound_problematicdisordered/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...