Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Do I need rest days from walking?

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Do I need rest days from walking?

Hi everyone!

A little bit of background. I'm 191cm (6'3) height and 103kg (227 lbs) weight guy. I am on an overweight side and are trying to lose weight. My goal weight is between 84 - 88 KG (185 - 194 lbs).

Currently I am doing a lot of walking on an indoor treadmill. Usually around 90 - 120 minutes in one go everyday. https://imgur.com/a/E7SzjHr Apparently I am walking relatively quickly (have my treadmill at 8 kmph (5 mph) speed) which my garmin watch registers as a jog/ run. So far for the past 3 weeks, I've done 15-20k steps every day.
In addition to that, I am going to the gym and doing group session trainings 3 times a week (Monday / Wednesday / Friday) which my watch also registers that I burn about 650-800 calories each time.

My question is, do I need rest days from walking, or am I good continuing like this, and only taking rest days from the gym (since my group sessions are every other day)

P.S. I have also cardinally changed my diet, logging everything I eat in the MFP and are always in calorie deficit.

submitted by /u/Thescryptor
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/zi4z6j/do_i_need_rest_days_from_walking/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...