Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: For when you indulge!!…

Monday, May 9, 2022

For when you indulge!!…

I give myself two rules when I want to indulge in something high calorie, be it sweet or savory. And it’s really helped me keep the cravings in check without being miserable.

Rule 1: have the real thing if it’s what you really want. We all know what I mean.

Sometimes there’s a good ‘healthy’ substitute, sometimes there’s not. I personally find low carb is what works best for me, so I grab for low carb substitutes most of the time. Salad, cauliflower rice, keto bread- all PERFECT substitutes for me! I love them and I actually prefer them now over other meal bases and like how they make me feel. Sugar free peanut butter cups- delicious! But sometimes I want ice cream, real ice cream. And that’s okay! And when I do the sugar free version I just end up craving the same thing the next day.

So when I want real ice cream, I have it. And I enjoy it guilt free!

Rule 2- when having the ‘real thing’, that calorie heavy food that makes you happy, that feeds your soul but not your goals, challenge yourself to make the high calorie part a smaller portion of the overall snack, meal, or dessert. Don’t sacrifice satisfaction though.

I’ll give three examples specific to me. 1) I freaking LOVE bacon, but I’m trying to cut back. So I like to add a crispy strip of bacon to my guacamole on keto toast, or to my salad. In both instances I satisfy my craving while making the bacon a relatively small part of my meal. 2) ice cream! I could finish a pint by myself in no time but then I’d feel sick to my stomach. Instead, my favorite thing to do is get a tiny cup of vanila bean icecream and put it in a cup of cold coffee. Absolute Heaven! Completely satisfies my craving and is better than a whole pint of icecream alone. 3) strawberries. These are totally fine to eat by the way. I just personally feel better with low carbs. So rather than have a whole bowl of strawberries, I like to slice up a few and mix it into low carb yogurt with walnuts. So good! And feels me up longer than strawberries alone.

So there you have, some of my tips for indulging in deliciousness when you’re watching your calories! I’d love to hear some of yours!

submitted by /u/99badwolfbaloons
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/um50i8/for_when_you_indulge/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...