Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Battling the same 20 pounds over and over after a huge success streak

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Battling the same 20 pounds over and over after a huge success streak

34 year old guy here, 5'9, and I've been morbidly obese my entire life. I was 200 the 1st day of 7th grade and 370 when I graduated high school. I crested the upper 400s in mid-2020 before my living situation radically changed and I basically hit rock bottom. I could still get around but it was getting harder, had a ton of social anxiety about my appearance, was starting to get weird medical conditions like muscle spasms if I leaned a certain way and random visual fuzziness in a part of my eye.

I made weight loss a priority, started counting calories, got back to the gym and I started a very physical job with a lot of walking. At the beginning of 2022, I was down at my lowest at 243 pounds. It's like night and day. I'm in remarkably better shape as a 34 year old man than I ever was in my 20s, all the weird health problems are gone and my waistline went from a 66 to just about able to squeeze into a 38.

However, since the start of the year I've been in a rut. I started hitting the weight room and taking in more protein but I also let myself take in an extra meal or two a day. After a couple weeks of being afraid to even look at the scale, I finally did and saw I was right back at 260. Put in a month or so of hard work, got back to the 240s and then...the same exact thing happened. Slipped, and now I have to lose that same 20 pounds again.

It is intensely frustrating knowing that I could have finally cracked 200 by now if I stayed the course but instead I'm in nearly half a year and behind where I started it. I also started going back to college in the evening and don't have the time to put in at the gym after work like I used to. I know some of that might have been muscle gain but it can't explain all of it, clothes have definitely gotten a bit tighter.

Before, I'd mainly eat out of boredom/depression but I got into a rhythm of basically doing 1500 calories a day in generally one meal and a snack later on and it became just normal after awhile. After falling off the wagon the desire to grab something in the evening is stronger than ever. Some days I go to bed an hour or two early just because I know that way I won't be awake long enough to make another stupid decision.

I can't really think of any different way to go about it other than just willpower, which is how I got here in the first place.

submitted by /u/SwordchucksYo79
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v0lp69/battling_the_same_20_pounds_over_and_over_after_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...