Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What do “small steps” mean when you want to change your diet?

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

What do “small steps” mean when you want to change your diet?

I am a 21 year old woman. I have kept a very poor diet for most of my life except for going on drastic diets where I eventually regained the weight. I’m just feeling at a loss here and I was wondering if this wonderful community could offer some advice for someone starting with a zero nutrition diet.

(A little background) I was diagnosed with ADHD at 16 and it made sense as I have always struggled with impulse control and an all or nothing way of thinking. The biggest area of my life this affects me is my poor eating habits. I just can’t imagine myself any other way.

I start strong, and I feel fantastic as I am finally making a change. This is like a high for the first couple weeks. But I burn out so fast, and that is why I fail every time. For nearly 9 years, (started trying to lose weight at 12..) I still haven’t learned what long term habits look like.

In my mind, my diet is so poor and I want to lose weight so badly that I cut everything all at once. If I don’t, I struggle to feel like any change is happening at all. My diet is entirely processed, junk food, a ton of carbs and sugar. I want to learn how to make long term habits for once.

What are some practical steps someone like me could take, so I can more likely make long term progress?

submitted by /u/jenna_beterson
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/urzbls/what_do_small_steps_mean_when_you_want_to_change/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...