Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Lost around 8 kg of fat, and gained around 3 kg muscle mass

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Lost around 8 kg of fat, and gained around 3 kg muscle mass

Hello everyone! I'm (M19) a former confused, obese newbie in the gym, who just tried lifting heavy things, and seeing no special results.

I had many instances where I joined a gym, but always left after a while. The only difference this time was, that I did it for myself, not because my parents forced me too.

I had started working out in the first lockdown, with merely some dumbbells, but with a shit diet, I only gained weight. I was 94 last January, and cried myself to sleep that night. I decided to make a change, but I was already trying.

Then it hit me, that merely going and lifting heavy stuff isn't enough, I had to have a proper system. THE SYSTEM IS CALLED WEIGHT TRAINING, AND NOT WORKING OUT FOR A REASON.

I waited for the gyms to open up again in August, joined one, and just hoped for the best. I did see some results, because of a training routine, but it was still not optimal. I started prioritising protein, calorie deficit and everything.

The mistake I made here was that I was eating too little. I was taking just 1500 calories, and for someone who is 186 cm, and 90kg, it was too less.

I moved to my university city in November, joined a gym here. I started educating myself about diet and training, but the third wave sent us back home for a month again in January. This time I was 87, with 27% bodyfat, and 35 kg muscle mass

since March, I started eating chicken regularly, I used to have eggs and tried to have enough calories to stay in a deficit, but not a big one. I still only had around 100-130 grams of protein a day, but I was more motivated than ever.

I upped my protein intake since the last few weeks, and could see better progress, I have lost 4 kilos in the last 2 months, and am at around 19% bodyfat, I can definitely see veins popping out, and some cuts. 4-5 more kilos to reach my target bf%, from which I'll maintain for a week, and try lean gaining for how long I wish. I hope to reach my goal in the next 2 months, so that I have abs to show at the beach ;)

Any suggestions, advice would be appreciated, and I'll be happy to help anyone who texts me/comments here.

I am currently at 80kg, with 19% bf and 38 kg of muscle mass.

submitted by /u/selfproclaimedfridge
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/urusx5/lost_around_8_kg_of_fat_and_gained_around_3_kg/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...