Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: About to try to lose the weight for the second (and hopefully final) time. Looking for advice on calorie limits, foods not to eat, and macronutrient balance.

Monday, May 16, 2022

About to try to lose the weight for the second (and hopefully final) time. Looking for advice on calorie limits, foods not to eat, and macronutrient balance.

Hey all, I’m not particularly overweight from a BMI standpoint, but the 50 pounds I’ve gained in the past 8 years have given me borderline sleep apnea, made me tired all the time, killed my libido, and just generally made my life worse. I also have a son now and want to model a better relationship with food for him so he can avoid making the same mistakes I have made. I made a prior attempt at losing some weight through exercise but failed due to lack of discipline and no attempt to eat better. The biggest temptations for me are pizza, fried foods, and sugary beverages. I don’t need to lose all 50, I’d be thrilled to lose 20 to be honest.

My wife (5’4”, 170lb) also is trying to lose weight since giving birth to our son in 2020 but has struggled to see results despite eating a relatively healthy diet and exercising every day. I think my poor habits are making it harder for her. She ends up having a lot of cheat meals that are really because I suggest something that’s bad for us and she gets tempted. I don’t think she would ever say this but she would probably be getting better results if she wasn’t living with me.

After some research, I’m leaning toward just calorie counting and trying to keep a relatively good balance between fat, carbs, and protein while staying away from highly palatable foods like fried stuff and certain snacks, basically anything that you can eat a lot of without realizing you’re doing it. I also want something sustainable that won’t wreck my metabolism so I’m foregoing the low carb stuff.

My questions are as follows; feel free to answer all of them or just one; any input is valued.

  • The calorie calculator I found online says that to lose half a pound per week, I should eat 2,081 calories per day, wife 1,912 calories (I don’t currently work out and she works out 4-5 times a week). Do those numbers seem reasonable? 1 pound per week = 1,831 for me and 1,662 for her.

  • Is there value in working with a dietician? Money wouldn’t be a problem but I also don’t want to waste it.

  • Any changes I should make to my plan?

  • What percentage of my calories should come from carbs/protein/fat?

submitted by /u/Actuary50
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/urcc5q/about_to_try_to_lose_the_weight_for_the_second/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...