Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I feel discouraged by other peoples weight loss and opinions on fat people

Thursday, May 19, 2022

I feel discouraged by other peoples weight loss and opinions on fat people

Now, the title is probably misleading and I want to be clear that I am aware other people’s journeys are valid and this feeling is 100% my responsibility for getting over. But, that being said, when someone makes a post saying they “got up to 150 at their highest and felt terrible” meanwhile I’ve lost 70 pounds over 8 months of time yet still am far from 150, it makes me feel like all of my efforts still aren’t valid for respect or admiration because I’m not thin yet and won’t be for a while. I guess I’m just writing this to maybe hear that I am not alone in my feelings. This has been weighing on me a lot especially since I see the horrific way fat people are talked about on a daily basis online in some fitness spaces and it makes me want to get out of this fat body ASAP just so I can finally get basic respect. Remembering that I’m still just fat to people (not as valuable as another thin person) and I will be for probably another 6 months at least is just daunting. Im not “giving up” and it’s not like I will anytime because losing weight is a symptom of my habitual changes (i changed for health, not weight), but damn the way I have been feeling needs to change and I am aware it is toxic so I want some help. I know I need a break from social media but, it’s more than that, it’s like I’m “traumatized” (for lack of better words) so even in the gym I feel like people are low key judging me because online people can be so rude and/or communicate that they think “huge” is 50 pounds less than I am. Are there any words of wisdom or advice from people who may have felt similar or had to go through large weight loss?

submitted by /u/Any-Seat6512
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/utem6n/i_feel_discouraged_by_other_peoples_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...