Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: -60 +50 -3

Monday, May 16, 2022

-60 +50 -3

What a journey! I lost 60 pounds during the first year of COVID and I even completed my first half marathon! Then I absolutely destroyed my ankle and couldn't walk for weeks. To deal with work stress I started eating and drinking a LOT again.

When my ankle finally healed, I went out to try to run. I had regained 20lbs during my ankle recovery and I was keen to get back in shape. I fell while running and twisted my knee weirdly. Again, couldn't walk for weeks.

Added on another 15lbs! I was so upset to be back over 200lbs that I stopped weighing myself, stopped tracking and completely gave into all of my cravings. I had a nervous breakdown at work, had to go on short-term stress leave, etc.

However, I am finally working with a doctor about all of my stress, am seeing a therapist, am on some medication that keeps me from having panic attacks. So I finally, FINALLY weighed myself a couple of weeks ago.

Of the 60 I had lost, I had regained a total of 50.

I was, surprisingly, not devastated. From reading your stories on here, I knew this was a possibility - and the words of encouragement on here and the stories are still so inspiring. I have finally managed to get my focus back under control. I am increasing my exercise by going for longer and longer walks. I adopted a dog and I love spending time with him outside.

A week in, and I am already down 3lbs. I know it is small, but to me it feels like it is a sign that this is happening again and I can really truly do it. Drinking water, walking, and upping my vegetables is making a huge difference. That, coupled with actually getting my anxiety under control with professionals instead of finding a new addiction (running) makes me feel very hopeful for the future!

submitted by /u/Artax_Namdeer
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ur8gb8/60_50_3/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...