Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Wallowing in a mood after unsolicited comments

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Wallowing in a mood after unsolicited comments

I started on a healthy eating plan four weeks ago. First week I wasn't prepared to start so was only on the plan for half the week. Second week I went straight back into my old eating habits due to stress. Third week I reset and have been on it now for two full weeks and on my third.

I only count being on the plan for two and a half weeks.

I have lost 8.5lbs. SW 20st10lbs CW20st1.5lbs

I don't think this is a bad loss considering I am sedentary and have PCOS as well as recovering in depression.

I am proud of myself. But today, my mother, who started on the same plan months ago and has lost 2stone 7lbs so far said to me "I would of expected you to be losing weight faster at your size'". I acknowledged the actual timeline of following the plan but didn't say how much that comment hurt and was unnecessary.

I am now stuck in a mood obsessing over that statement. All of my accomplishments of the last few weeks just feel wiped away. I am lactose and gluten intolerant in addition I have a very restricted diet because I dislike a lot of food both tastes and textures. In the last two weeks I have created four new recipes I will eat on my limited diet in addition to the normal foods. These recipes have turned out so well others are using them, non-plan people in my life are enjoying them.

This is really important to keep me on track, but I now just feel like what is the point. I deliberately didn't join my mum's group because I know how she gets with these things but for her to still say something so crappy has been hard on my will power and determination. I know slow and steady is the best way for me but I now think maybe I should be doing more and push more. Anyone have any words of advice on how to push past this idiotic statement and keep going. I'm really worried I will lose momentum and spiral.

submitted by /u/AKJ1820
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v21hpg/wallowing_in_a_mood_after_unsolicited_comments/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...