Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I hit an all time high but have long Covid in a way that impacts loss

Sunday, May 29, 2022

I hit an all time high but have long Covid in a way that impacts loss

So I hit 200 lbs at 5’2”. I won’t mince words. It’s unhealthy, uncomfortable, and impedes the life I want to live. I also have arthritis and I believe losing to normal is a great first line of pain control.

However it happened as I slowly went downhill with long COVID. We learned my thyroid stopped functioning well. But all the pulmonologist would say is I was overweight. I eventually had to stop her an say I have a history of anorexia (I do and it’s in EPIC), but she persisted and said I needed pulmonary rehab not to get better but because she didn’t trust me to work at it on my own. At that point I reminded her that my results for thyroid, liver, sometimes seems like gallbladder?, lung function, lung CT were abnormal, that it was causing cardiac problems I’d never had before even while fat, and again the history of anorexia. Enough I fucked up my stomach and probably caused my own problem by deeply slowing digestion.

She just said “think of your health.” I left and cried.

Thing is the long Covid is severe. Last month I was on supplemental oxygen. I was unconscious for three weeks during the infection. I woke up briefly to hear my daughter who is five ask her dad point blank if I was gonna die and he said no. I blacked out before I could say no, too.

It’s been months since I could move. I need rescue inhalers. If I overdo it the entire next day is vomiting. My TDEE must be incredibly low because even with Synthroid I’m struggling to lose. It’s low enough that

I’m a dairy free (intolerance) vegetarian (GI diet) where my veg ironically need to be low fiber. I don’t even think 1200isenough can help me. I sleep so much still I think it’s below that. Intermittently I decide I hate a food I liked too with no explanation and forever. No replacement cravings. (I did not lose taste this was an omicron variant.)

I know I need to lose but how safely? My doctors have made it a priority, but walking normal human amounts is still blacking out, covered in sweat difficult. The house is 65 permanently. I’m still too warm. Or are they endangering me by insisting on prioritizing end goal of weight over the very real danger in over doing it?

submitted by /u/sunshineparadox_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v0nsj3/i_hit_an_all_time_high_but_have_long_covid_in_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...