Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Feeling hopeless but willing to do more

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Feeling hopeless but willing to do more

Hi everyone,

April 12th I started my journey to weightloss/body toning. My goal is just to live a healthier lifestyle, maybe lose 20 lbs, but to be able to fit into some shirts for the summer since I am going on vacation most of the summer (I am a teacher, I don't sit at my desk the entire time, but I move around a lot.). That being said, I got my resting heart rate (according to fitbit) down to 67 and my stamina and energy have increased so well; I go to the gym 6 days a week (~45-50 mins cardio running on the treadmill in intervals, have increased the intensity over the weeks), have cut down on calories immensly and started eating more protein, fiber, and healthier foods; drinking way more water, and about a week ago I started weight training on the machines. Needless to say, I notice a slight difference with my pants, but I can't help but notice that I feel like my stomach isn't getting any slimmer, even with the intensity of the workout. I do ab exercises; crunches (got up to 80 and I do more on the machines at the gym), planks; maybe it's just not me noticing the changes; I weighed 230 lbs and it has only gone down to about 221-224 lbs. Is there anything I can do to try and flatten my stomach to be able to fit into these shirts better by July? Does anyone have any tips?

PS: There was a period in late April/early May where I couldn't work out for 10ish days because I had COVID. I wanted to be extra careful. But as soon as I felt better I started back up again and everything was good.

Thank you - and some perspective would help; this is my first time ever being committed to this and it has become a habit which I would like to keep and I will be continuing this for months to come. I really want to improve my self-esteem, live healthier, feel comfortable in my body, and start dating again :)

submitted by /u/GermanyUSA921
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v0qsss/feeling_hopeless_but_willing_to_do_more/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...