Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What has been your experience with a nutritionist/dietitian

Saturday, May 21, 2022

What has been your experience with a nutritionist/dietitian

Just like the title states: What has everyone's experiences been with seeing a nutritionist/dietitian and what can I expect when meeting with one? I am very new to this! (some history below)

Hi everyone!! So, I've been trying to lose weight (started 266 pounds, current 233 pounds), however, my downfall is my diet. I have started to think about my diet more and I know it is terrible. I love sweets/candy/baked goods so much! I just don't know how to give those up or change that habit of dessert every night and a mall sweet treat/piece of candy at work during the day. I also noticed I do not eat a lot of veggies or other healthy food, and I think my portions are way too large. I also noticed that I get so hungry by the end of the work day that I come home so I eat a very large snack and not too long after I eat dinner, then a dessert.

Since I have noticed this pattern and how unhealthy it is, I reached out to my doctor to get a referral to a dietitian/nutritionist and I am SCARED! I struggle with changes, I am an extremely picky eater (always have been) and I don't like certain textures. I am scared that the nutritionist/dietitian is just going to tell me to stop eating sweets and other favorite foods and tell me to just start eating a bunch of veggies and then get mad at me when I have a hard time with changing my habits.

I did see a nutritionist when I was very young like maybe second grade and it was horrible and humiliating. My parent was not great and I did not get to chose my food or even make my plate and was forced to eat microwaved meals or fast food for the majority of my meals growing up and when my parent took me to the nutritionist I was made fun of for being fat and got a lecture about making better food choices and to start putting smaller portions on my plate (which I didn't have control over at the time) and it was awful. I refused to go back a second time and just locked myself in a room until we would have been too late to go to the second appointment.

Thank you all!

submitted by /u/LifeBeingMe
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/uuxdo2/what_has_been_your_experience_with_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...