Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Down 51 pounds in 52 weeks (230ish- 179)

Friday, April 7, 2023

Down 51 pounds in 52 weeks (230ish- 179)

TL;DR: High protein, Low carb diet and consistent weight lifting leads to 51 lb weight loss (surprising I know!)

Where to start? I guess I began losing weight about 3 weeks I started my first office job after college in late March 2022. I realized I was barely moving, eating like garbage and drinking too many beers on the weekend. Many of my co-workers (who were much older than me) were also pretty overweight (more so than me) and I could hear them talking to each other about their health problems (pre diabetic etc) and realized I was heading down the same road. I had put on a decent amount of weight in college which only accelerated during Covid (eating like garbage and drinking more beers).

At this time I lived about 3 blocks from an LA fitness and signed up at the very end of March. I did about 3 weeks of light cardio 3x a week(30 mins walking on treadmill) to get comfortable in the gym as well as cutting out snacking and cutting back significantly on drinking and started to lose weight without much effort. After about 3 weeks I got bored of cardio and decided to start lifting weights as I had enjoyed it when I did it quite seriously 6-7 years prior.

Given my prior knowledge of weight lifting I focused heavily on lifting with proper form and not falling into the common beginner trap of “ego lifting”and shifted towards a higher protein diet. I didn’t track my macros or even stop having cheat meals 1-3x a week but I kept losing weight.

By the end October I was down to the low 190s (it fluctuated a bunch). Around this time I had some personal stuff go down and I also got Covid for the first time which meant I couldn’t gym for over a week. I also started taking creatine which meant I held quite a bit of excess (temporary) water weight for a few weeks, which was discouraging. Plus the Thanksgiving/xmas holidays and all the associated eating I was happy to maintain/lose slowly. By the end of January I was consistently below 190 but still kind of plateauing.

I then began to weight and track everything I ate aiming for 1750 calories a day and incorporating 20 mins 13%:3mph treadmill cardio post weightlifting. I was not working at this time which is how I was able to be so dedicated to my goal.

I finally got another job after many applications and now I’ve decided to maintain for a while because I met my original goal of 180lbs and eating in a deficit while trying to work and commute is making me tired, overly hungry and my lifts are beginning to suffer. If I decide to cut down more it will only be 5lbs to 175.

This post has already gone way too long but I’ll respond to any comments!

Progress pictures https://imgur.com/a/VVHvEB8

submitted by /u/meme_max_1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12f8kxt/down_51_pounds_in_52_weeks_230ish_179/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...