Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Booze is the motivation killer

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Booze is the motivation killer

As part of my mental health improvement, I started journaling daily about 2 years ago.

It felt odd to do as a late 30s Brit bloke (we're not meat to show emotions!), but it's really helped me realise that beer is my krytponite - it just strips away all my motivation for DAYS following a drinking sesh.

Right now I feel like I can't have any relationship with alcohol. And reading through my journal I've basically had and suppressed this thought for years!

I'm currently in month 4 of consistent, healthy behaviours, lost 37lbs since New Year. And a few days ago I had my first few beers of the year (only 2.5 pints, which is far far below my old intake).

I immediately came back from the pub and gobbled down 3 bowls of cereal, leftover pizza, then slept awfully before a long hungover following day.

Days later I'm still feeling the subsequent hangover; poor sleep; and the old habits of reaching for bad food or another few beers to feel better.

Britain has a famously terrible drinking culture that is deeply ingrained. Has anyone managed to find a good booze balance after weight loss?

submitted by /u/keeptheshoes
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12mtws1/booze_is_the_motivation_killer/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...