Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Not sure why I can't lose weight, should I see a doctor?

Monday, April 10, 2023

Not sure why I can't lose weight, should I see a doctor?

I track every calorie. I'm in such a deficit that there's no way I shouldn't be losing weight, and I've been fighting with my weight for over 15 years. In highschool I was active, played football, lifted weights and never lost anything. When I graduated I was a 6'5 395lb linebacker.

I've been fat since I hit puberty, actually rapidly started gaining weight around the time it occurred.

Today, I'm 34 and still heavy. Today I ate 1/4th head of cabbage 1 head of broccoli 1 onion and a clove of garlic. One can of salmon. With 6tsp of sour cream. Everything shredded up in a massive salad. Calories were 1,365 according to my fitness pal, everything weighed to the gram.

I drink diet soda or water with no processed foods or carbohydrates.

On average I eat below what should be my BMR, and I maintain weight. Eating at my BMR I start to slowly gain weight and eating what I should eat to maintain my weight results in rapid weight gain.

My energy levels are fine, although I have chronic insomnia and high blood pressure.

I've asked online before and people just say I'm overestimating calories, but I know it's not the case. Has anyone else here experienced something similar?

I'm 350lbs today, that's after years of fighting to lose weight. What actually caused to lose to 350 is I started eating just two pork chops a day.

I now it's not normal, but I have no idea what's going on. I've had my thyroid checked and was told that the thyroid hormone is a bit low but still in the normal range.

submitted by /u/meanjelly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12i5od8/not_sure_why_i_cant_lose_weight_should_i_see_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...