Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Should I Start Lifting?

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Should I Start Lifting?

Looking for advice.

I still have enough body fat on me to lose around 3 lbs. a week (31 Cal per pound of body fat). I want to start cardio and I'd also like to start lifting weights. If I'm doing a 1500 calorie deficit a day though is it a bad idea to weight lift? I'm not sure if it will do anything (maybe it will prevent more muscle mass from getting lost than not lifting? or maybe my muscles will be more defined?)

I'll give a bit of my body stats and recent history that may help with the answer. I'm 5 foot 10 inches, Male, 36 yo, currently 250 lbs. started at 317 lbs. on 1/1/2023. I've been eating between 1200-1500 calories for most of my journey and walking and hiking a lot. I haven't gotten a very accurate estimation of body fat mass but I use the Navy Method to try and get a decent estimate (currently estimated to have 73 lbs. of body fat).

Thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/Alert-Pea1041
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12nopqk/should_i_start_lifting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...